A place for physics, video games, philosophy, and beer.

24 September 2010

Timeline: 23 September 2010

Morning
Woke up at 7 AM to do some last minute cramming for the Classical Mechanics exam. Ate a small breakfast, an egg sandwich and some bacon. The Classical Mechanics exam went quite well. I believe I got 4 of the 5 questions completely right, and probably half-credit or less or the other one, so I am hoping to get around 85-90%. However, the test was quite long, and I was very hungry afterwards.

Afternoon
After eating lunch and a quick browse of the World Wide Web, I had Thermodynamics lab which went well. We tried to get a piece of equipment to work that Fisher had bought for nine dollars, but that went nowhere. By piece of equipment, I mean a piece of plastic with four different types of metals glued on it that have LCD thermometers on them so you can measure how they accept heat. Dave and I tried to do the experiment but got nothing worth while for data.
We then tried another experiment Fisher recommended where you pass a current through liquid dish soap measuring how long it takes to change temperature, and then find out the specific heat capacity. We are going to see if we can get data which would point to small changes in the specific heat over a small temperature range (10 - 60 degrees celcius). The power supply went dad after a little bit, so I will do it Saturday or Sunday when I can get access to the intro phys labs which have better power supplies.

Evening
Stayed up and watched most of David Letterman and then about half of Craig Ferguson. Very lethargic at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment