A place for physics, video games, philosophy, and beer.

21 September 2010

Timeline: 20 September 2010

Morning
Finishing touches to the Thermodynamics lab number 2 were completed in the morning. Mostly analyzing the data followed by a terse conclusion. The lab can be viewed here: Lab 02 (.pdf)


In the first class of the day, Classical Mechanics, a homework set was due involving projectile motion and drag forces. I have noticed that most of the problems  are not plug and chug, in fact I have not come across a problem that could be solved as such yet. Most problems need to be solved by deriving theorems and formulas from first principles. This gets tough sometimes, but I get the answer right most of the time.

Afternoon
Turned in a lab and some homework. All classes went as schedule. The first of the Planetarium Techniques mini-shows have started, I will be giving mine on Friday. It will be quite easy as long as I find my stars in the dome beforehand so that I know where to look. One of the stars I will be focusing on is in Perseus, so I do not think that one will be a problem.

Evening
Nap after work, then homework until 1 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment